• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

choppy scrolling and low response in Acrobat DC on 2021 MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all. I am having trouble with running acrobat DC on a fairly new MacBook Pro. the computer and software are both updated. Condition is unchanged after restarts and closing other applications / tabs. Scrolling through PDF files, especially PDF forms which include text boxes and check boxes, is expremely slow / delayed / choppy. Also entering text often falls behind and text will catch up several seconds after I have typed an entry. A co-worker also has the same issue with an identical laptop using the free version of  Acrobat Reader. Does anyone have any recommencations or fixes to this issue?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20112 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer locally and then try again and check.

You may also share the PDF file in question, with us so that w can check it at our end.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the exact scenario I am having. 

I have the16" 2021 Macbook Pro with M1 Max chip and 64Gb of storage. I should be able to run this program with ease, but PDFs are SO choppy. I've restarted my Macbook, messed with settings, and nothing works. 

Both Adobe and my Mac OS are updated to the latest versions (macOS Monterey 12.5.1 and newly updated to Adobe 22.002.20212)

I just purchased Acrobat for this first time this week and have not been impressed with the responsiveness of the program. 

Would LOVE to get this to run as smooth as the rest of my programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nate.stevens 

Please try to reset Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah just get PDF Expert. This has been a problem for years. I finally gave up after losing too much productivity waiting for Acrobat Pro. For reference, my specs below. 

2020 iMac 27"
3.6GHz Intel i9 10-core
72gb 3122 DDR4
5500XT 8gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Jonathon,

What a stark difference. PDF Expert is fantastic. Switching now. 

Appreciate the recommendation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines