Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

CID Font + F4 missing on Adobe Pro

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Please assist, I have a PDF file generated from SAP and whenever I try to edit with Adobe Pro I get the this error " CID font + F4 is missing or not available to makes changes. Can these fonts be added if possible and where do I get them.

I tried these solution:

Print the file in Adobe Print and try to makes changes but still same error.

Thank you in advance.

Cornwell

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just a random name made up by an app. It doesn't tell you what the original font was called, and there is no way to know. You also can't even make up a replacement with that funny name. This is not editable. You could try deleting the whole text block and adding a new one with a similar looking font.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CID Font should be based on one of the CJK fonts.
When you check the font information in the properties, are you trying to handle a document that contains those fonts?

Also, in the case of documents generated by other than Adobe products, the font information may be incomplete and the error may have occurred.
If you just want to avoid error, you will try to improve it by convert fonts to outlines fonts in preflight and making it into a figure.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines