Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click on combo box item: nothing happens keine Reaktion auf click in combo box

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everbody,

I have a form with 3 different combo boxes. They are set to hide/visible via their respective optionfields.

So far, so good: The combo boxes show up and go into hiding as supposed to. But:

Only two of them react normally once the are visible, i.e. i can click on an item to select it. The issue is with the third one - there simply is no reaction. Not to mouse clicks, not to the Return button.

I have no idea what I possibly could have done differently with this combo box (compared to the other two) and would really appreciate any hints or help.

---

In einem Formular mit 3 Combo Boxen die über entsprechende OPtionsfelder gezeigt/versteckt werden, ist eine nicht wie die anderen: Wenn gezeigt, reagiert sie einfach auf nichts, nicht auf Mausklick, nicht auf Return.

Ich habe keine Ahnung was ich hier anders als bei den anderen beiden gemacht haben könnte und würde mich über jeden Tipp und Hilfe freuen.

Michael

Michael

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just found out that the only thing that works is a right-click with the mouse...

Gerade herausgefunden: Das einzige was funktioniertt, ist ein Rechts-Klick...

Any ideas why?

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you list or dropdown fields?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd,

thanks for reacting in such a short time.

My German version tells me it's a dropdown list. The part that is "not behaving" ist the one about children. ( no pun intended 🙂

To make the problem finding easier, I just attached the concerning part, see below.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dropdown works for me:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever we do, the JavaScript Console always returns the same error message.

Capture_351.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

let me answer to Bernd Alheit first:

Sorry, I should have been more precise. Clicking on the option fields to open one of the 3dropdown-list works. The problem I have is with the drop-down list for children. As your screenshot shows, it obviously works for you. Unfortunately not for me. To select one of the children I have to click the right mouse-button. Left mouse-button works just fine withe the other two dropdown lists.

Answer for JR Bouley:

That seems understandable as the form is just an excerpt as I thought- still think - that the mouse functionality itself does not depend on anything else. Is that assumption wrong?

Thanks for your cooperation!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It displays this error because the dropdown doesn't have following values:

this.getField("Relationship1a").value = "...which of your children";

this.getField("Relationship").value = "... yourself, your parents or granparents"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd,

... well, yes.

But it still doesn't explain (to me 🙂 why the dropdown list about the children does not react to  a click with the left mouse-button. Not on my computer, and not on a second one:

Michael23490319pbtr_0-1651485374258.png

Do I understand you wrong or does assigning text to the fields "Relationship" and "Relationship1a" influence to which buttons the dropdown-list reacts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) opening the form:

Michael23490319pbtr_0-1651488537733.png

2) selecting ... children:

Michael23490319pbtr_1-1651488590752.png

Left clicking on "Please select which..." -> has no effect, nothing happens.

3) selecting "yourself ..." and left clicking on it, has an effect:

Michael23490319pbtr_2-1651488767519.png

... the line changes colour, but then it doesn't matter which mouse-button I use, nothing happens when clicking on ....the arrow to start selectin an item from the list itself.

Aaaaah - BUT, just found out the following:

If I click somewhere, actually anywhere else in the form first, and then on the arrow - it works. Gives me reason to think that clicking somewhere else assigns content to a field and that that content is needed to activate the dropdown function. Is that so ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see "... yourself, your parents or granparents" in the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... these options only show up when the very left option is selected:

Michael23490319pbtr_0-1651503049839.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This I see also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

unfortunately the problem itself hasn't been solved.

So, as usual, I avoided that problem by not using that complication any longer - there is only one check box left, and so it is ok.

Thanks anyway,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines