• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking tags stopped selecting text and navigating to it's location.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm tagging a document for accessibility and suddenly I've found that clicking on a tag no longer does anything. IT doesn't select the text included in the tag, and it doesn't jump to the relevant page. This makes the job nearly impossible.

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, and had my IT department install a newer version of DC Pro, and actually re-image the PC entirely. This fixed the issue, until now, and it's back. Restarting doesn't help. And it is happening with all PDFs, not just the one I'm working on.

The content and reading order panels still behave properly. Just not tags.

Version: 2018.011.20040. Windows 10 Enterprise.

Please advise! Thanks.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

And you're sure that Highlight Content is chosen in the Tags options? Can you share a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

@Krystal5C31 

This is a common quirk about Acrobat Pro that's been happening for several versions.

Solution: Just close down Acrobat and re-launch it. Your highlighted content (the purple outlines) will show again.

Sure wish Adobe would fix this PITA glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. You did not get a response. Did you find anything on your own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Same issue today for me! Adobe what's going on? Need to get 40 documents ready!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more detail? You say your tagging a document but to do that you'd need to be in the Reading Order panel. At what point do you notice that you can't click on a tag (assuming you mean in the Tags pane) to highlight the appropriate object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, choosing tags in the pane is unresponsive. RO and Content work fine. I actually have an open work order that had to be escalated. I am hoping to hear back today. Seems to be a real head scratcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're sure that Highlight Content is chosen in the Tags options? Can you share a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad,

You are a genius. That was the issue. Not sure how that got started. It started in the middle of a document I was tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone should make that an FAQ item. I search and asked for help. You were the first one to even go there. I did not know that was a feature (since there are so many, many menu items...)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's not always user error either. Sometimes Acrobat just decides to turn things off it seems. I'm glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what happened to me! In the middle of tagging it just shut off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I have the same issue and I do not what to do. I am trying to tag the content and put it in a specific order, but it is not highlighting it which does not tell me where I am in the document. Please help, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Krystal,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble. 

Please ensure that you are using the latest version available for the application. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

You may refer to the following help document to know more about the latest version: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuoussept2021qfe....

Check if that helps.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Krystal5C31 

This is a common quirk about Acrobat Pro that's been happening for several versions.

Solution: Just close down Acrobat and re-launch it. Your highlighted content (the purple outlines) will show again.

Sure wish Adobe would fix this PITA glitch.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi and Bevi,

Thank you for advice. I tried both of these things, but the issue how still not resolved. Do you know what else I might be able to do because I cannot make my document accessible because of this glitch. Much appreciated!

Best,

Krystal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, @Krystal5C31 I don't have any further ideas. The reboot usually cures the problem.

And yes, that does make it difficult to remediate a PDF.

Just checking, you do have "Highlight Content" checked in the tag panel's options menu, correct?

Maybe click it on/off a couple of times.

—Bevi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! You are a life saver. For some reason, I think it turned off the "Hightlight Content." I appreciate your help and guidance again. Have a wonderful day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help, @Krystal5C31.

Best to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, I was having that same problem and all the suggestions mentioned were not working. After consulting with someone knowledgable in this realm, it was determined that all of the errors I had on the accessibility check (both under tables-1 regularity, and three TH and TD failed) were empty tags, and once deleted, passed with flying colors. Make a copy of your file, running accessibility checker again and then test the theory by right clicking on the error element in question, choosing show in tags panel, and then clicking the item just above the tag that the error is pointing to. If clicking the item above shows the purple box, but nothing shows when you click on the item in question, Delete it. hope this helps, it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024-01-25_9-19-02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right Click any item in the tags section and the menu with the Highlight button appears (see above photo). Click to enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines