Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client's trash filling with large files after downloading and opening PDF

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. 

I have a client for whom I've recently put together a number of various print pieces. When viewing two specific pieces (event programs created in InDesign and exported to PDF for print), my client and their employee are finding that their trash cans are filling with folders that are "website files", and that these folders are quite large and causing extreme slow downs. 

I am not able to reproduce this on my end. I suspect there's something going on with files I've linked to within the INDD — the folders being created within the trash can are the same name of the folder on my machine that holds those linked files. These linked files were created by someone in Publisher. 

Is this something anyone else has experienced? My client is becoming increasingly irritated, understandably, so any ideas or a solution would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like they're saving the entire web-page, instead of just the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It kinda does, but they are downloading the PDF from a shared Google Drive folder that only contains PDFs, so I'm not sure how that'd be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to ask them to clearly document how they're downloading and viewing the file.
At any rate, this has nothing to do with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not so sure, to be honest. They're downloading the file from the Drive folder and opening it with Acrobat. They have a paid Creative Cloud account with apps that are up to date. They've screen shared and showed me the process and there's nothing there that seems unusual to me.

I think that the issue is stemming from that file within the document I created that was made in Publisher -- when they open the PDF, Acrobat is trying to load that link, and that may be creating this issue. I've tried removing the linked files made in Publisher and am waiting for a response from the client as to whether that alleviates the issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines