Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collaborate Live on a PDF Form

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm trying to get my plant to use a single shift report. For ease of use I created one as a PDF form. The trouble is, about 20 people all have to update it at the same time and I can't figure out a collaborative way to share it. I've tried the sending link and the adobe cloud but when you open it in browser none of the form features work. You have to download it and reupload which limits it to one person. Is there any sharing service or other way for multiple people to use one form? Or is there a way for multiple to have it open then click "submit" and it all goes to one compliled form as the data dump?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Distribute Form command in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need a database system designed by this. In this sort of system it's 1% form design and 99% database. Don't try to reinvent a very complicated wheel, look for system made already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I've been using an excel sheet for now, but I'm looking into developing an application for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what did  you end up doing. I am running into the same problem but I only need 3 people in it at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using an excel sheet as teams allows for collaboration on excel sheets. I have a template workbook with a macro that automatically expands the the sheet so there is one for each day of the month and then I save it as an .xls and upload to teams. I also used linked cells to allow each area to easily navigate to their section of the sheet. It's not perfect but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to forget the idea of doing this with PDF. Many times people make a system that works great for testing with one person and it collapses utterly when even two people try to use it in real life.  You need, as I said, to invest in a proper system designed for multiple users, working with a database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines