Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Collections of highlights

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there is a function that I can see the collections of the phrases or sentences that I highlighted in PDF? Besides a comment, sometimes I only need to check the parts that I highlighted. 

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021
You mean a comments summary? It depends. Did you enable the option to copy the selected text into the highlight? If so, then you can use the built-in command to generate a comments summary via the Print dialog, for example. If not then it would require using a script.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean a comments summary? It depends. Did you enable the option to copy the selected text into the highlight?

If so, then you can use the built-in command to generate a comments summary via the Print dialog, for example.

If not then it would require using a script.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I copied and pasted the highlighted parts to the comment window, then printed the pdf with the comment summary. Then, I got a page that nicely summarized what I highlighted..this is great! Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it!

If you need to do it again in the future and don't want to do it manually you can use this (paid-for) tool I've created that does the same job: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-retroactively-copy-highlighted-text-into-comments

Also, for new comments that you'll create you can have Acrobat insert that text automatically into them, by ticking the "Copy selected text into Highlight, Cross-Out, and Underline comment pop ups" box under Edit - Preferences - Commenting.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines