• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors are much too saturated in Acrobat

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with the color display in Acrobat DC. Everything looks all right in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, but when exporting to PDF and viewing in Acrobat the colors suddenly appear oversaturated. A lot. If I export a file from InDesign and then open the PDF up in Photoshop everything looks normal. Just not in Acrobat. My color settings are synced across all apps (to Europe General Purpose 3).

I have tried changing settings in Acrobats color management, but nothing changes the appearance.

I also tried uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling. This actually worked but only for a few days - then back to this frustrating situation. In the meantime, I changed nothing.

I can see a few threads like this but none solved. Anyone have the same problem or at suggestion to a solution?

I have attached a screenshot to highlight the issue.

Best regards, Peter

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

This worked for me:
The synchronization of the color management between Acrobat DC and Bridge is broken in cause of security options.

Try to uncheck the Sandbox Security in the Security(extended) tab.
Here is a Screenshot from the german version:
AcrobatDC_SandboxSecurity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that, the pdf are displayed correctly with your setting. But in this case the color management settings from Bridge are not synchronized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I see. Ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked.

Even my colors in Indesign were over-saturated, and now it's fine. Had to restart the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this exact issue today. Was lost for about half an hour, getting super frustrated.... Was borderline about to check and recalibrate my displays. Thanks so much for finding and sharing this. You saved me a lot of troubleshooting and time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just had this problem when exporting in CMYK for print. I resolved it by changing the "default transparency blending color space". Not sure if you tried it already but...Acrobat fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but don't have the same settings as @subcomtom under my security settings. What to do? Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Acrobat are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of the version number!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I also seem to have different settings under security settings (enhanced) and also have over saturated colours in adobe reader. Any help with this appreciated! Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 15.46.03.pngScreenshot 2022-11-10 at 15.48.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Unchecking "Sandbox Security" in the Security(extended) tab didn't work for me, but playing around with Color Management settings finally did. Try selecting different Working Space options, see what works for you.
Edit/ Preferences/ Color Management
Apple RGB worked best for me. The colors are not 100% the same, but I'd say 98% and are not oversaturated anymore.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines