• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Management incorrect in Acrobat DC Pro

Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC Pro Version 2021.007.20099.

My system details are CPU  i9-10920x, GPU NVidia 3090 Studio driver 472.12, 256GB RAM, sveral m2 and SSD drives, Windows 10 Pro 21H1. I use two Eizo CS2721 monitors in 10 bit mode and both are calibrated and profiled using Eizo's colour navigator 7 software to produce v2 profiles.

The issue :

I create a document in InDesign including 3 placed images each based on the same image but converted and tagged with a different profile in Photoshop (ARGB,sRGB,ProPhoto) . All three, as expected, look identical on the InDesign page as they did in Photoshop and print direct from InDesign identically. So far so good - colour management is working correctly in In Design and Photoshop.

However, I then export from In Design to a PDF using "High Quality Print modified" to "Acrobat 8/9 PDF1.7" and with Colour Conversion set to "No Colour Conversion" and "Include All RGB and Tagged Source CMYK profiles".

If I view that exported PDF in Acrobat Pro DC, the three images still look the same as each other in the PDF, so the tagged image profiles are being used, but all three look oversaturated compared to the In Design and Photoshop display. By oversaturated it is like viewing untagged sRGB on a wide gamut monitor. Opening the same PDF in Photoshop or InDesign displays correctly.

As a test I set both monitors to use an incorrect (linear gamma) profile. Photoshop and InDesign now display incorrecty (as would be expected with such a widely incorrect monitor profile). Acrobat DC Pro displays the same oversaturated images as it did before - absolutely zero change despite the deliberately broken monitor profile.  My conclusion - Acrobat DC Pro is ignoring the monitor profile and just assuming that the monitor is narrow gamut (close to sRGB).

I have uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat DC Pro - and it has not changed these results.

Dave

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i know is an old thread, but did you fin a solution?

i am having the same issue since some weeks.

the only way to see them normally is setting the eizo monitor to sRGB. I am on a brandnew eizo cg2700s, colornavigator 7, windows 11.

Before i had a eizo cg243w, windows 10 with color navigator 6 and things worked normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - the issue still exists. I also raised a bug report to which there was no response and it has still not been resolved.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44373573-bug-col...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some else reported the same problem i think:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44776225-colors-...

did you try chat-support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not - you are welcome to try but Uservoice is the official channel for bug reports.

I suspect that many either do not see the issue as they are using narrow gamut monitors or do not understand/care about correct colour management.

I see it on several PCs here, even a laptop with a profiled wide gamut monitor, it is not new or restricted to Eizo monitors.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i contacted adobe chat support. Removing acrobat with adobe acrobat cleanup tool and reinstalling from downloaded installer zip solved the problem for me for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version did you download? I've just checked and the problem still exists in v2022.001.20117 but I have not tried another download as yet

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry,  false hope. both clean reinstall (first cleanup with adobe cc cleaning tool ) and deleting preferences in registry removed the problem just reopening the apps, but upon restart of pc the problem came inmediately back. feels like a problem @ cms system level. pretty annoying.

something is messing up the interpretation of the monitor profile. also in bridge the display of pdf's is not good, like a bit dulled and with oversaturated blacks...... i spend several hours letting adobe support look into things, to no avail. next step is now i will get called by an adobe support expert....  i had a hard time convincing them that pdfs were ok, and acrobat diplay interpretation was messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The only near workaround is setting the monitor to sRGB to get close to the way Acrobat is displaying, but that is not the same as using an accurate profile and it loses the wider gamut where images are using it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Dave,

After several hours of chat and infructuous tries,  i was contacted back by expert phone support.

Apparently the problem seems now solved.  Acrobat stays ok  even after several restarts.

Delete all registry settings for diverse versions and parts of acrobat,  and any pdf settings related ones in the current user/ software /adobe registry folder, after that doing a repair install from inside acrobat dc pro.

Could you confrim if that works for you too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:
The synchronization of the color management between Acrobat DC and Bridge is broken in cause of security options.

Try to uncheck the Sandbox Security in the Security(extended) tab.
Here is a Screenshot from the german version:
AcrobatDC_SandboxSecurity.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that didnt work for me. sandbox was already disabled. My acrobat is now ok, but Bridge keeps displaying pdf's with burned shadows and desaturated colors, even after purging cache. i did already waste really a lot of time with adobe support, because each time you have to start from 0 with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines