• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colourspace for PDF

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf that has been exported from PowerPoint. The pdf is intended for screen viewing only. So all the colours in the ppt were set up as RGB. When I open the pdf in Acrobat, what I see looks like it's viewing the RGB document in CYMK. It's dull, obviously many RGB colours don't reproduce in CMYK. The only way I can see the pdf as intended, is if I go to print production > output preview > and choose the simulation RGB  profile. Is there a way that I can make acrobat open, that particular pdf automatically with RGB profile? And will it open it in RGB on other users versions of Acrobat?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat (not "latest") please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC Version 2022.0001.20085

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your document is converted from RGB to CMYK: it looks like a conversion settings issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that's the case. If I'm in Output Preview and I choose "show" "CYMK" notthing in the document shows up, but when I choose "show" "RGB" all the elements are there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow a few other threads and found a tip that in my Acrobat preferences if I have "Use Overprint Preview" set to "Always" it displays in the dull way that looks like the CMYK conversion (I'm not saying that's what is actually happening, but it's how I would explain the colour difference), but if I set it to "Never, " the document colours show up as intended. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do think it must be the way PPT is exporting the pdf, as I also have the same file built in Indesign and if I export a RGB pdf from there the colours look as intended, no matter what my preferences overprint preview setting is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines