• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine pdfs - Acrobat uses an older version of the file

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used "Combine Files" before with no problem. Today, I select the pdfs, click "combine" and it inserts an older file. I have shut down and restarted my computer, recreated and renamed the new pdf (created from InDesign), deleted the old file from my computer, and it still does the same thing. Where is it getting this old file? Is it stored in Acrobat somewhere? And Acrobat just locked up on me and I had to force quit.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Update: I tried quitting Acrobat again, combining some different files, then went back to combine the ones I was having trouble with, and now it works. I don't know why it didn't work before or why it's working now, but I guess we can close this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I tried quitting Acrobat again, combining some different files, then went back to combine the ones I was having trouble with, and now it works. I don't know why it didn't work before or why it's working now, but I guess we can close this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SharonKrushel,

Hope you are doing well and thank you for reaching out.

It seems that the issue is resolved for now. Thank you for updating the thread.

If you still need any help, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Sharon Krushel
[Personal details removed by moderator: Please do not share your personal information on public platform]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too.  I tried the tip above and it did not resolve.  I have an image that shows "tutorial10.jpg" in the folder of jpgs I am combining.  When the jpg is open - the second bullet in the bottom section clearly says "top stick 3" from the end" but when all the images are combined in Acrobat, the old file shows that says "2 inch from the end".   I've turned off computer, quit and updated acrobat.  Please help.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too.  I tried the tip above and it did not resolve.  I have an image that shows "tutorial10.jpg" in the folder of jpgs I am combining.  When the jpg is open - the second bullet in the bottom section clearly says "top stick 3" from the end" but when all the images are combined in Acrobat, the old file shows that says "2 inch from the end".   I've turned off computer, quit and updated acrobat.  Please help.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this problem. Clearly a bug. I've deleted old files, emptied trash, restarted computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It's pretty frustrating on these threads when no one from Adobe provides an explanation or a definitive solution. Anyone find any surefire fix when encountering this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are experiencing the same problem with several computers for some times most of the time when we combine word files into a pdf. The word file is modified, but Acrobat insert an old version of the word file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines