• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Files into a Single PDF

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an unsophisticated user, but I did have figured out how to combine multiple PDFs into a single document in the previous version of Adobe Acrobat I had.  Now my company has upgraded my subscription to what I'm guessing is the latest one, and I can't figure out how to do it anymore.  I have two files I want to turn into a single document.  One is a Word file, one is a PDF.  I converted the Word document to a PDF and saved it.  I selected "Tools" and "Combine", and I dragged the two files into the designated window and hit "combine".  It said it did it.  But then when I saved the combination, it preserved the integrity of the two separate files and called it a "portfolio".  I want it to save it - then subsequently share it - as a single file.  Like I said, I remember being able to do this without fuss in the prior version of the software.  If anyone out there might have some advice, I'd much appreciate it.

Pamela

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it all would make more sense if you convert the MS Word to PDF first and leave it open in Acrobat,   then the other PDF. It will open in a separate new tab (or should).

When you use the "Combine Files" tool it'll give you an option to combine the files that are already opened. Use the button "Add Open Files" instead.

And I think the new combined file is renamed as a binder now, not portfolio. You just have to make sure you rename it and save it to a location of your choice.

To share it, when you open it in Acrobat all you have to do is click on the share button (is an icon of a paper clip above a little cloud).

Clicking on it will produce copy and save that copy of the original  PDF that you just created it in the document cloud. Additionally it will produce a hyperlink.

All you have to do when the link appears green with a green checkmark  is paste that link in the email body that you'll send to the intended  users of this PDF.

I hope that I explained all of this right. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Combine Files dialog click on Options, then change File Type to "Single PDF":

try67_0-1614420367580.png

Note that if one of the files you're combining is digitally signed, encrypted or was created using LCD you'll have to combine them as a Portfolio, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines