Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Multiple Illustrator Files Into One PDF

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to combine multiple Illustrator files into one pdf. This week I recently got a an M1 Macbook Pro, installed the same versions of Acrobat and Illustrator, but now I am unable to combine those Illustrator files into a single pdf. Prior to this I was using a 2019 iMac and would simply use the Create > Combine Files Into A Single PDF option and click the COMBINE button and I have new pdf. 

Last week this was not an issue, but now the only option it gives me is to create a Portfolio file.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 4.12.39 PM.png

But this option does not fit our needs. All of our designers combine the multiple Illustrator files into a single booklet form for our editors to review and add comments. Is there a checkbox or file format I need to save as to enable this option again? 

Thanks for any insight to get us back on track!

 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neilsan13,

As I read that message, it does not mean that all of the files, rather one (or more), are preventing that issue.

Please try the following: take half of the files and see if you can combine them into a single PDF. If you can, take the other half and see if that works. If not, take half of them and see if you can, etc. My point is can you locate which file(s) are causing the problem. Then, you need to determine what it is about those files that are different than the others. 

If you are able to isolate the file(s), one thing you could try is to open them in Illustrator and do a "Save as…" and convert them into a PDF at that point. Now see if they will combine into a single PDF.

Please let us know what happens. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the suggestion by gary_sc

Please check if any of the illustrator files is secured by a password or signed. If yes, please try to remove that file and check if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem. They removed this function and it is a huge time waster. Even if I save all files as PDF first, it still will only allow a "PDF Portfolio" with limited functionality. If anyone has an answer to this would greatly appreciate!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines