• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining pdfs 'out of order'

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week when I combined 25 pdfs it wouldn't go in order. My fine names are all the same except a few digits. L1v1, L1v2, L2v1, L2v2 etc... Usually they would be filed in the order I just wrote. Also in the combine files dialogu box where you can alter the order etc you would see the actual file name: L1v1, L1v2, L2v1, L2v2 etc... Now all I can see is WE1C3A~1.PDF, WE7BE1~1.PDF which has nothing to do with my file name or puts them in order still. I have no idea what's happened ad haven't changed any setting etc. The only thing I can think of that settings have changed with a computer back-up. If anyone could shed some light I would be most appreciative. Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brookek,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described combined PDFs are not in order

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20058 Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

The dialog allows you to move a file 'up' or 'down' in the desired order for combining. also, if the files are named in numerical order as desired (example: 01 pdf, 02 pdf, ... nn pdf), the files will self order in the diaglog.

If it doesn't work please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

For more information please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/merging-files-single-pdf.html

Also for the file name issue, please go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Documents > Check 'Always use file name as document title' and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I couldn’t find a preferences folder but pretty sure I’ve never set preferences. I also Checked 'Always use file name as document title' and it made no difference. My program is not the only one to do it. It just randomly changed. This is quiet an issue for me so need to get it sorted asap. Has there been any program updates in the last week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The new version 21.05.20058 was released on 13th July 2021. Have you started experiencing the issue after this release? Please confirm your version of the application as described earlier.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes I have that issue and that would have been when it started. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to ensure this was still being looked at? Thank you kindly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for confirming the version of the application. Please give us some time to get it checked.

We will share the update soon.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Is there any news? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting. Haven't heard anything yet as the issue is still in discussion.

Please give us some more time, we will share the update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't the files automatically in the same order as the folder from which there being selected? Or even alphabetical order!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the version of the application you are using? To check th eversion go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also a small video recording of the issue would be very helpful.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well--this is not a new issue as I found threads on this site dating 2017.  WHY would this not be the default for Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DeborahG7 

We are sorry for the delay in response. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and it worked fine. Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191 Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

If it still doesn't work, please share a small video recording of the issue and the steps you are doing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines