• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining pdfs

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone, I've got a form that has preset spaces for information (names, etc).  I can fit four 'sets' of  information on the original document, but I need to extend the document to add in additional staff details.  I originally tried duplicating the page to give me 'extra' pages I needed, but all it did was repeat the original information.  It wouldn't let me save 'new' information.  So I've saved the 'extra' documents with different document names, but when I go to combine them (with all new staff info), it just keeps replacing the information for staff with the original two people that I entered info for.

I tried Portfolio, but all that did was list the individual documents in a row; it didn't allow for removing pages from the individual documents and creating just one document.  Does anyone know a work-around?  Cheers, Carolyn

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening because the fields have the same names, so they will automatically have the same values.

The possible solutions are:

- Flatten the files before merging them,

- Rename the fields before merging the files,

- Or use a Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To elaborate on the good information above, duplicate the page and go to Tools> Prepare Form> Select a form field> Right click> Properties> General> Name: (give the field a unique name). Combine the page with the original page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks TRY67 and Luke, I'll have to admit I've had no training in this, so I have a few follow up questions.

1.  How do I "flatten" a file?

2.  What fields do you mean - to rename?  Do you mean the name of the document or the fields that I'm entering information into?

So, total newbie here.

Cheers, Carolyn 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You can use this script, for example as a part of a Custom Command, if you have Acrobat DC:

this.flattenPages();

2. The latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Luke, will check the videos out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines