• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comment popup default size

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird annoying issue I can't figure out.

Whenever i create a popup it is created at a really small cramped size where hardly any text fits (see screenshot) - i have to manually expand every time i create a popup and its anooying and time wasting.

If i bin my prefs it resets to the correct size so it is a setting stored in the prefs plist file somewhere but there are so many entries i cant figure out which controls this.

I have many settings i wish to keep, hence simply resetting ALL prefs isn't a good solution for me.

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.120117 (Win), 20112 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and check.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that helps. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Architecture: x86_64

Processor: Apple M1 Max

Build: 22.1.20085.0

AGM: 4.30.116

CoolType: 6.0.3

JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

On a Mac as above so no Windows troubleshooting possible.

There is definitely an entry in the .plist file that causes acrobat to do this as when i temporarily remove it, it goes back to default size. Unfortunately my .plist is 86,000 lines 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried to reset the Acrobat preferences as described earlier?

Also, please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20142 and reboot the computer once. Go to Help > Check for updates.

You may also try to enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I specifically said I didn't want to reset the preferences for reasons above. Just want to know how to change this particular behaviour back to default, nothing else. There is an entry in the 86000 line .plist file somewhere, that i could simply delete, then job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the confusion and the trouble caused. Would you mind try using the application in a new test user profile with full admin rights or enabling the root user account in MAC and using the application there and check for the issue.

Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still doesn't help. This will just create a fresh prefs file in the new account with the default setting the problem won't be there.

I specifically asked what line in the prefs file causes this behaviour so that i can change it manually - there doesnt seem to be a GUI setting to reset this sizing in acrobat preferences settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the log collector tool file as uploaded to your server:

AdobeLogs_20220726_192834_810-mac-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

We need some more information as below for better understanding:

• Screenshot of Acrobat Pro DC commenting preferences
  • We couldn’t find the logs that you mentioned with the name “AdobeLogs_20220726_192834_810-mac-GS.zxp” Could you please collect the logs again and share it via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html
  • Steps taken to reproduce the issue?
  • If the issue happens with only sticky note or with any other annot too like highlight, underline etc?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephenc80756698 

Sorry for the trouble caused!!
As you mentioned that deleting plist helps in solving the issue, so could you please share the Plist with us so that we can have a look at it.
Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stephenc80756698 ,

Could you please share the Plist with us so that we can have a look at it.
Thanks,

Prashant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i send @Prashant. ? Can't attach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @stephenc80756698 

Please share the file via the document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines