Compare feature in Acrobat DC not working

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using this Acrobat version 

Elaine23984245ir27_0-1649639180611.png

When I compare  2 PDF files, it picks up "-" and  ":" in the documents as addtions or deletions.  Also the change in font size get picked up resulting in a huge flase number of changes when there actually aren't that many.  Is there a way to turn off these font or formatting changes?  My work requires to send PDF to many different company for signatories.  Once I received the signed copies I have to check to ensure the PDF has not been amended apart from the signatory.  Another pain point is I have to reprint the received document in PDF as the compare feature does not allow me to do the compare after signatory with error message on the security.  I get a large number of false "admendments" as the feature will ofen missed to track the first 2 lines in the paragragh, highlight the balanace of the paragragh as changes apart from tracking the font size change and the : and - plus other punctuation marks.  Please help.  This feature is not working as intended!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have serveal options when you Compare files. in particular: Have you checked the Compare Text Only?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes. already tried this. also tried the filter but both don't work

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines