• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Files Feature not working in Adobe Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem comparing two versions of a file. Getting an error message which reads "Acrobat could not Compare the Documents Completely."
I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Acrobat Pro and got same results.

Windows 10 Pro.
Adobe Acrobat Pro is version 23.2048. (20421).
I also tested using the suggestion in this thread.
Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat.
Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security"> Click OK
Close and reopen Acrobat and try comparing files again.  That failed with the same error. 
Original settings were restored.

Sample image or error:

Gordon - Acrobat Compare File Fail.png

I gett he same error, regarless of whether I choose the Compare Text Only option or not.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Daniel35357515nd14

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.20604 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/43tl9bq and check.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines