• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare marked-up PDF with corrected PDF

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work with marked-up PDFs which are corrected by a designer using the Import PDF Comments tool in InDesign. When we receive the corrected PDF, we have to check each comment in the marked-up version and make sure the edits were inserted. I'm wondering if there's a way to automate this process using the Compare tool in Acrobat so that it checks the original PDF mark-ups, the corrected PDF and informs if the changes have been applied properly rather than just showing a before/after of the text. In other words, I don't need to know what's different between the two versions, I need to know if the mark-ups (at least the ones that can be accepted automatically in InDesign) have been applied properly in the corrected version.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Hi Luri,

Thank you for reaching out.

As we understand, you need to use the tool to check if the correct changes have been done on the new PDF or not.

I am afraid that this is not how the tool works. It may show you the changes that occur in the PDF. 

However, checking the comments first and ensuring that changes are done in the new PDF is not yet possible using this tool. You may check if that will be possible using any script.

For more information on compare PDF tool, please refer to the fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would require a very advanced AI system to be able to do something like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luri,

Thank you for reaching out.

As we understand, you need to use the tool to check if the correct changes have been done on the new PDF or not.

I am afraid that this is not how the tool works. It may show you the changes that occur in the PDF. 

However, checking the comments first and ensuring that changes are done in the new PDF is not yet possible using this tool. You may check if that will be possible using any script.

For more information on compare PDF tool, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/compare-documents.html

If you wish, you may share your suggestion with the team using the following page: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Thanks.

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines