• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely, fully disable 100% of any and all auto window resizing / document rezooming functions

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seek a comprehensive list of all Acrobat functions that result in automatically resizing the window, or automatically adjusting the zoom level, of a newly opened document.  I do not want window size or initial zoom level to ever change, except when I make manual adjustments.  The automatic functions are a major hindrance and time-waster.

To the extent some of these functions might be settable in multiple different locations so that I have to go make sure the setting is set properly in each of the separate locations, I would also appreciate a listing of such duplicative interface toggles.

Cheers!

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I does have a question too. Bernd Alheit, what exactly is your purpose other than to apparently stonewall on behalf of the developer? Is you a bot? Is you just here to annoy us poor stupid plebs? It's a real freaking problem and it appears we would like a solution other than, "Does you have a question?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you found a solution to this, but my company resently switched back to Adobe from Nitro Pro and this was driving me nuts!  The only thing I have found to prevent it is to change the Default Layout and Zoom to the settings below.  I'd like to know if you found a different solution!

Kelli27456619lg6l_0-1670338190156.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have never found a solution, and to make matters worse, since it seems there is no way to disable all the fancy graphical flourishes that make Adobe actually render the document while it is being moved or resized (and even apply transparency if it is being moved!) (at least on the Mac version)—the simple act of trying to move or resize a window incurs a crushing GPU load even when only one or two documents is open; so when I am constantly needing to move or resize a window while 10+ PDFs are open, I literally have to sit there with the mouse pointer completely still and wait 5-10 seconds for the computer to catch up.  This is disgustingly bad, awful, moronic software design.  (Quad i7 2.7ghz, 1600MB video ram, 16gig main RAM ought to be able to handle resizing a window that contains a scan of an 8.5x11 black and white text document)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

This continues to be an exceptionally annoying problem and there is simply no reason it shouldn't have a fix. There is ZERO reason why a new document should force a resize and relocation of a window. Period. FIX IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here it is almost 4 years to the day and Adobe has done nothing to address the problem. And, Photoshop experiences similar issues when opening new images.

Adobe seems to be too focused on AI at the expense of listening to the complaints of their user base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this again. To reiterate someone's response from another thread, "WE SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO IGNORE THIS SETTING IN PDFS"...

"I just figured out how to stop it in some files. Open the PDF > Document Properties > Initial View > Window Options > UNCHECK Resize Window  to initial page. We should have the option to ignore this setting in PDF's"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After my battles with adobe regarding CS6 some time ago, I concluded that these adobe dimwits have too much brass and hence the frustrations of users such as in this thread are futile and only represent the power that adobe has unjustly gained by the general consensus of every crap given by adobe to its users.

Give yourselves a break. Change the software you are using. I for one have been waiting for the bugs in InDesign to be corrected, which have existed since the CS2 version, and even though it's been nearly 20 years the same crap has been dragging on for so long expanded with unnecessary stuff and stuff that can be used for marketing efforts. After a while I decided that I don't give a crap about adobe, I learned JS and with the help of scripts I do most of what I need and I have no intention of NEVER paying adobe even a cent again.

Adobe gets a heap of laughs out of this forum and that's it, probably more than a few adobe dimwits spend long hours laughing themselves to tears reading posts like this one 🙂

BUMP...
Bump?
BUMP!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines