• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer can't shut down because software is being installed - acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went to shut down my computer and the following message popped up on my screen.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 10.31.59.png

Firstly: is it even possible for Adobe software installs to cause damage to my computer?

Secondly: has anyone ever seen this message before? I've never had an active Adobe install interrupt shutting down of the computer!

I want to check this as it feels suspiciously out of character for Adobe and also if they have changed and this is now what happens, we need to know.

Thank you

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ChickenDiesel 

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble.

A new version of Adobe Acrobat (22.3.20310) is out now and it looks like it was getting installed on your computer when you tried to shut down it down.

As the installation was in progress and got interrupted, you got the above-shared pop messages. the statement 'Interrupting the install may damage the computer' means that the Acrobat application may not work properly due to the same reason.

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I can't shut down the install, which is clearly stuck and not proceeding. I haven't been able to open pdfs for three days. And now I can't even force quit. I'm loosing work hours and unable to do work because Adobe has apparently taken over my computer. How can the download be stopped. I have a subscription to Adobe - but the program has been just terrible on my laptop since I got the subscription. It seemingly worked better before I got the subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on with me for weeks and weeks. Since when does it take that long for Adobe Acrobat to shut down. Can you please provide a different solution and answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, thanks but this answer doesn't help. Since when does Adobe get unilateral access to my computer? I never gave permission to update this software - I was not notified it was happening. It just started in the background. The reason I discovered it was because my computer was hanging up and was basically unusable – so in the middle of my work I stopped everything to restart my system and I get this pop up explaining that an acrobat update is in fact going on. No idea it was started, no indication of how long MY comptuer will be tied up for. Adobe is acting very Microsoftian, and whether or not it's good for me that I have constantly updated Acrobat software, this model is wrong. Be more transparent. Be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may also go to Edit or Ctrl+K (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Updater > Uncheck 'Automatically install updates' > Click OK and reboot the application and check.

Amal_0-1695658643296.png

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  I have a relatively new mac laptop. An Adobe updater is hanging up my machine and it is clearly stuck as it is not doing anything and my computer has become unusuable.  I can't reboot as the adobe installer stops this. I can't force quit and then reboot because the adobe installer relaunches (and then hangs) before I can reboot.  And I can't go into adobe acrobat preferences and turn off autoupdates because adobe acrobat now will not launch.  So I'm stuck.  I am sorry but this is not acceptable as I am working to a deadline and right now this issue is costing me valuable time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Please try to enable the root account in Mac  https://support.apple.com/en-in/102367 and remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  and check

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines