• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional format - new field based on a selection from a Drop-down menu in another field PDF Form

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to create a PDF form from an existing Excel workbook. 

The form contains several drop-down fields, with Responses "Yes", "No" or "Yes, please specify", "N/A"

I am looking to set up the form so that if a user selects the "Yes" or "Yes, please specify" option in some of the drop downs, to have a number of other fields come up. (If the users choses "No" or "N/A" I want no other options to be present).

For example, below I have a drop down menu in Cell H10 with options "Yes, Please specify" and "N/A".

When "Yes, please specify" is selected:

- cell I10 and J&K10 appear. I10 is populated with "Please specify" and J&K10 is blank for the user to fill.

- cells B-G11 (merged) appear and is populated with "If this is needed select response.?"; cell H11 appears with a drop down menu with options "Yes", "No"

miroslavaa37659137_0-1659704263615.png

If "N/A" is selected in cell H10 - Cell I10, J&K10, B-G11 and H11 do not appear

miroslavaa37659137_1-1659704979775.png

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a script to show or hide fields, but they have to exist in advance, and when they are hidden there will just be an empty spot on the page where they are located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what script I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines