• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure All Links In Document To Open In The Same Browser Window/Tab

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to setup links in my document to always open in the same browser tab or window. Currently, every time a link is clicked, a new browser tab is created. I want to prevent these addtional tabs from being opened and just limit it to one. I know this can be done on the web with Javascript using Window.Open(). I'm wondering if and how this can be implemented in a PDF document.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to tell the browser whether or not to use a new tab is with a script, so you will have to convert all of your links to execute a script with the right parameters, but even then it's not likely to work.

However, I'm surprised to hear it's working that, as usually it's the other way around. I would look for a solution in the settings of the PDF viewer of your browser, instead of trying to edit the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines