• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuous and Repeating Issues with Wingdings

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this has been a continual error with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for me, occuring 1-3 times in a month. I frequently export documents into PDF and have an error occur where any time I am in the edit function, typing is in a wingdings format when it should be in Ariel font. Any time I copy text (in Ariel font) and paste it is in a wingdings font. The program automatically creates a new font for the wingdings. When I try to convert the text back to Ariel, the Ariel font dissapears from my text option list and the text is left as Wingdings. Rebooting the computer doesn't work, closing the program out and reopening doesn't work. The only thing that provides temporary relief from the issue is a factory reset of the program. This isn't a sustainable option as I have to go to our IT department every time to fix it as my position does not have the ability to do any sort of admin functions.

Another issue that I am grouping with this is when I have combined several documents and send the PDF through Outlook email, and section of the document I've edited shows up in the recipients copy as Wiingdings, however when I open the document on my end text appears as normal.

Hoping this bug will be flagged to be fixed as I've seen it is an ongoing issue for users. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?