• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert a PDF into a URL link

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello--I did the following steps. However, when I copy the link and insert the link into a google doc, it says invalid URL link. How do I create a valid link that can be copied and inserted into a google doc? Thanks. 

1. Open the file you want to convert in your PDF editor.
  2. Select the Create & Edit button on the right-side toolbar.
  3. Click Export PDF at the top of the window.
  4. Choose HTML Web Page and select your options. Single HTML page will create one web page, no matter how long the PDF. Multiple HTML pages will create several web pages, split up based on the length of your PDF.
  5. Click Export and choose the folder where you want to save your new page.
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with converting and linking PDF files.

The workflow you are referring to will give you an error every time you try to link it. The primary reason, it is an HTML file stored on your computer. So, when you try to paste the link in Google Docs, it takes the location of your local storage, which, even if pasted, would not be accessible by anyone else.

I suggest uploading the file to a drive, either Google Drive or Adobe Cloud Sto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for your experience with converting and linking PDF files.

The workflow you are referring to will give you an error every time you try to link it. The primary reason, it is an HTML file stored on your computer. So, when you try to paste the link in Google Docs, it takes the location of your local storage, which, even if pasted, would not be accessible by anyone else.

I suggest uploading the file to a drive, either Google Drive or Adobe Cloud Storage, and then generating and inserting the link.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success! Thank you so much for responding, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulto7k1846b33jl 

Hello,

Thank you for taking out the time and letting us know that it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasted 40 minutes trying to convert my PDF's URL online😅 Seriously. I just needed Google Drive. Thank you for the help! It was a quick and easy solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also facing the same issue... after reding this answer its worked for me thank you... my website is [Link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Tizu354000335191,

Thank you for writing in!

Please brief us on your question/issue related to Acrobat or any other Adobe App for a better understanding and assistance.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines