Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert files not working for me today. Used for years on paid subscription

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melvyn27523747t6g0_0-1725443539693.png

This is my credit card statement that has been the same for 8 or more years and today I get this message. makes no sense to me. I'm using the same browser as for the 3 last years without any previous issue.

I'm stumped, any ideas please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can only open PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When is a pdf file not a pdf file? Download pdf it offers....., I will try previous months again later to check if they still transfer ok. Then, if they do, talk to the bank about a corrupted file maybe.

Cheers

Sent from Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is def an Adobe issue for me. I see there are bug fixes which I'll download and have another go, but other vendors apps work on the pdfs that Adobe didn't so its not a bank issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melvyn27523747t6g0 ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know if the issue occurs with a particular file. If the file is received as an email attachment, try to save it locally and then try to open it in Acrobat. 

Could you please share the screenshot of the window from where you are trying to open the file? As the name appears on the error message, it does not seem to be a PDF file. The PDF file name appears with the suffix ".pdf". More information would be helpful in finding the cause of this behavior.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

Open the file in a text editor, like notepad. What can you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines