• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert MS Word bookmarks in PDF

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a set of documents comprising in excess of 1000 documents. Approximately 160 of these documents are multi-page text documents prepared in MS Word (2010); the other are mostly single-page illustrations prepared in a variety of graphic applications. All these documents are converted to PDF before internal publication on the company LAN in a single folder.

The text documents contain hyperlinks (created in Word) to the illustration documents, and also to bookmarks within other text documents of this set.

When converted to PDFs (via Adobe Acrobat XI Pro), the hyperlinks to bookmarks in other documents in the set do not function correctly. It opens the document in which the bookmark is, but does not go to the actual bookmark. How can I make the hyperlink go to the actual bookmark location?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There have been many posts on this topic and it seems that no-one has a watertight reliable answer that works for all the combinations of software.

I use Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 (64 bit), MS Office Professional Plus 2019, and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Our master documents are created in MS Word and contain links/crossreferences in other Word documents.

Ultimately, all these Word documents are converted to PDF using the installed facility in Word; however, the links do not work any longer; they seem to have been deactivate.

Can someone for whom this conversion process works please advise me what to do or what to use to make this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines