Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Portfolio to Single PDF *HAS SECURITY FEATURES**

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive searched all over the community and none of the responses work.  I am using Adobe Acrobat DC and was forced to combine PDF's (with electronic signatures) to a portfolio vs single PDF file due to the security features.  So now, I want to be able to print to PDF, all of the files within the portfolio.  It is not allowing me to do this as it prompts me to save each portfolio individually, then I have to go back and combine them again in to a regular PDF in order to email it to someone as one file.

Surely, there is a solution to this time-consuming task...

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

While combining PDF files using Combine Files feature, as mentioned you were forced to create the PDF protfolio rather than a combined file.

Did you try to change the Option from following settings: Acrobat DC>Tools>Combine Files>Options>uncheck Save as PDF Portfolio

Combine Files.PNG

Also, why would you like to Print to PDF when its already a PDF file? If solution provided above doesn't work, then send us a few sample PDF if possible.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Security PDF Files
  • Combined. Not allowed to to combine as single PDF due to security features.
  • Forced to combine as portfolio.
  • Chose to print to single PDF but it made print and name every single file to save--there are like 86 files.
  • So I did that and then had to go back and combine to single PDF in order to print to ONE pdf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Extract all files contained in the PDF portfolio in a folder.

2. Use Acrobat Pro to combine all extracted files in a single PDF file.

It should take less than two minutes, counting wide.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC Pro use File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF...
Then add the portfolio and combine the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do that with a single click, but it will only work if the files are not secured and can be merged as a single PDF. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2018/05/convert-portfolio-pdf-to-normal-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expensive, but I can't find any other way of doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of the above works cause no one is understanding what Im trying to say.

I did all of that. Because of the SECURITY FEATURES, it automatically makes you do what I said above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have it both ways. Either the files are not secured and can be merged, or they are secured and can't be merged as a single PDF.

You can remove the security, merge them and then apply a security policy to the merged file, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry for the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now. 

If the issue still persists, please try the steps provided in the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/manipulating-deleting-renumbering-pdf-pages.html#extract_pa...) to extract the pages from the PDF file. 

Let us know if you need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to do this which I am not sure is easier or not. I opened all of my secured/digitally signed files in the Chrome browser and clicked the print button on each of them. Instead of printing, I saved them as PDFs and then combined them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

@epberry - which is the equivalent of removing the security.

Regards

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the only solution that worked! Painful but works. Thans epberry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @epberry, this worked perfectly.  Definetly cumbersome but I only had 3 docs thank God.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. The downloaded pdfs still had security settings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much @epberry Adobe please do better than to make an update that is not necessary. Absolutely did not need this feature. Make it optional when choosing to combine files, not a message that pops up saying how to do Portfolio when it only causes issues. Or maybe add the reason that the file is embedded with Security therefore you will not be able to add files with the same name. Be a bit more helpful with your help messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  We don't care about the security, we want to remove it but it was done by an employee who is no longer at our company so we have no clue what the password is.  Did you find a solution that worked?  HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't have a master key or back door to password protected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pati5D2D, you will find what you are looking for on this (Swiss made) site: smallPDF.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is honestly the most annoying feature thats not very well explained. The workaround I discovered is to Print to PDF that has a security certificate related to a signature. This makes it a single PDF instead and then you can combine to a binder. Perhaps Adobe could offer a setting for organizations that want electronic signatures but they don't need the security cert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines