Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert To PDF Add In Rearranges Tabs In Excel Workbook

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, everyone,

I have a (possibly) strange question.  I have the Acrobat add in installed in Excel (O365) and, previously, it used to work fine.  Recently, when I use the add in to convert multiple tabs in Excel to PDF, it scrambles my tab order after it converts.  (Recently = over a year ago.  :))  For example, my tabs are A, B, C, D, E, F before conversion.  After conversion, it may be rearranged as D, E, A, B, F, C.  I have not yet found a pattern.  The only thing I can discern is that the tabs are rearranged each time.

It doesn't happen if I only convert one tab at a time or if I use the print to Adobe PDF feature. Anyone know who to fix this?  I can still work but it's become a bit of an annoyance having to rearrange my tabs back to how they were before conversion.

Thank you kindly!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yung,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. We need some more information for a better understanding.

• Is this an issue with a particular Excel workbook or with all the workbooks? Please try with a different workbook and check.

• Are the tabs in the Excel workbook gets rearranged after you create the PDF out of it? If yes, please check for any missing/pending updates for the MS office and try updating it and reboot the computer once.

• Also make sure you have the Acrobat DC updated to the recent version 22.1.20117 (Win), 20112 (Mac). Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

• You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Amal,

Thanks for your response.  I had to reach out to our help desk folks for help with your last suggestion of creating a new profile.  When I spoke with them, they kind of took over this issue and are working through it.  Thanks again for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue and have the latest version of Adobe. Any time I use the Save as Adobe PDF option, after the pdf has been created, the first several tabs of my excel workbook will be moved.  Usually to near the end of the workbook.  I can find no rhymn or reason for why this is happening. I've tried making sure I'm on the first tab of the workbook or on a blank tab or even the last tab but it doesn't seem to matter where I am in the workbook, tabs are moved.  This wasn't a huge issue before my current job because I was the only one in the workbook and could move everything back where it belonged.  Annoying but workable.  My new job uses a Sharepoint system so any changes are saved immediately and another employee could essentially open the file I'm working in and become upset if the tabs are out of order.

Is there a fix for this??  Or a workaround?  Other than pdf'ing each page individually then compiling (which is not efficient when there are 30+ tabs), I don't know what else to do.  Help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All workbooks.

Yes the tabs rearrange after creating a PDF in the add in.

I cannot update.  I get an 1328 error that a patch will not update.

Unfortunately, I cannot make changes to this computer.  It is a work device and the only thing I might be able to do is uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may try to download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well.  It appears that the tabs I've selected to become an Adobe PDF file are grouped together at the front of the workbook and the non-selected tabs are now after the selected tabs.  They are out of the original and desired order in the workbook.  Updates to Adobe and MS Office are current.  A co-worker said he's having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Pro you are using? To check the version, go to Help > About Acrobat  and make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.06.20380 Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please share a small video recording of the steps you are doing for more clarity.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, we discovered a potential reason why the tabs move around.  Under your Page Setup, in the Print quality bar, each tab needs to be the same dpi.  If they are different, than the majority of tabs with the same dpi will stay in their original locations while any others will be moved in order of dpi (ex: 600 dpi will be moved to the beginning before 1200 dpi tabs).   I've now added to my review of tabs to make sure the dpis are all set at 1200 dpi and have not had any issues with tabs moving!  

Maybe this can be addressed in the programming so that it doesn't matter what dpi is used (I still haven't figured out what the default is) so the issue of moving tabs will be taken care of. 

Hope this helps everyone!

~Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have fixed it.  I selected all tabs and changed the dpi to 1200 then printed it again.  This time the tabs stayed in the correct order after printing to Adobe PDF.  Thank you so much for the assistance with this issue, it was becoming very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dpi value should be irrelevant. If it influences the order, than it's a bug. 

(BTW: 300 dpi should be enough, and it will only be relevant to pixel images. Vector and text will print fine at any setting.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, seems ridiculous, but the recommendation worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While changing the dpi on each sheet seemed to work initially, the issue has reappeared and the tabs continue to be rearranged when I make a pdf file of selected sheets from excel workbooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version in use is the one you noted 2023.006.20380.  The problem occurs when using the menu item Acrobat in Excel > Create PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Dpi is the same for each sheet, so that is definitely not the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any recommendations for fixing this issue, it's very inconvenient having to rearrange all the tabs after making a PDF from an excel workbook with many tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me.  1 have 20 tabs on a spreadsheet and if i only PDF 2 of them, one of them goes to the beginning of the tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines