Convert Word documents to PDF

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to convert a set of Word documents, each containing links and bookmarks to other documents and locations (bookmarks) within those documents, to PDF, while maintainin those links and bookmarks.
Needless to say, I am not succesful. To experiment, I have taken two short documents, each with headings and bookmarks, referring to locations within the other document. Having created the two PDFs from the two Word documents, I would click a link in the PDF, which only takes me to the beginning of the other document, but not to the location within that document. Before converting the Word document to PDF, I have changed the link from, e.g. "II-0.docx#II_1_2" to "II-0.pdf#II_1_2". What more do I need to do to make these links work, i.e. take me to the designated location?
I work with Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Professional Plus 2019, and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Any suggestions or comments would be welcome.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Maybe this can help, I don't think you can use bookmarks for it, has to be page numbers of desinations - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/link-html-pdf-page-acrobat.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Make content for your business needs with Adobe Express.

Get started easily with free templates: