• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting an Excel Formula into a Fillable Form

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting an Excel worksheet to a PDF fillable form. 

The form is a series of rows and columns.  The Excel formulas have not transferred and I need to create these in the calculate tab on properties. While the formulas are not complex, they are not as simple as + and x. 

Column 1 = Labour Total

Column 2 = Labour Total Ex GST

Column 3 = CT 50%

Column 4 = OC 50%

I need help with two different formulas/scripts:

1.  I enter the total labour in Column 1. I need Column 2 to calculate the Ex-GST labour. In excel the formula is "=A1+(A1/1.1)-A1"  How do I write this in the "Simplified Field Notation"?

2. I need columns 3 and 4 to calculate 50% of the ExGST labour cost. In Excel the formula is "=A2/2". How do I write this in the "Simplified Field Notation"?

I have researched everywhere, even had a chat with an Adobe assistant but no one has been able to help me. 

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exactly the same, only you need to enter the field names instead of the cell names, and drop the "=" symbol.

One additional complication is that if the field name contains spaces you have to espace them, by adding a back-space before them.

So if "Labour Total" is the equivalent of "A1" then you need to specify it like this:

Labour\ Total

However, your formula doesn't make much sense... This:

=A1+(A1/1.1)-A1

is exactly the same as just:

=(A1/1.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. 

I have removed the = and the spaces and it has worked. 

You're a legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it. Just to clarify, though, it won't always work. Only if you use simple math operators.

If you need to use functions, if-conditions, etc., you would need to convert the formula into a custom script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67

where does all this go?  I'm struggling with calculations.  So I have a form with Text4, Text5, and Text6 that I need to sum and display in Text7

not sure where to put the calculation?  I assume it's in the properties of Text7 but I can't for the life of me figure out where

thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under the Calculate tab of Text7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines