• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting multiple excel files consisting of multiple spread sheets

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, when I try to convert multiple excel files, which contain mulitple spread sheets at the same time, the acrobat dc only converts the first spread sheet of each file. Is it possible to convert multiple excel files with multiple spread sheets at th

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bastiank1758539,

If I understand it correctly, you are trying to convert an excel file with multiple worksheets to PDF.

If this is the case, you can convert all the sheets to PDF.

For that, you need to use the Acrobat ribbon in the MS Excel.

Launch MS Excel and open the file that you need to convert.

Click on Acrobat ribbon provided on the Menu bar and then Create PDF.

You will get a small Acrobat PDF maker window.

Select the sheets you need to convert and check other options. Once done, click on Convert to PDF below.

Once done, click on Convert to PDF below. Check the screenshot provided below:

Excel 2.PNG

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

thanks for your reply. However, I would like to select multipe excel files at the same time, using acrobat pro dc. If I choose more than one from within the acrobat pro dc, it only converts the first sheet of every selected excel file. Acrobat.PNGAcrobat 2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bastiank1758539,

Sure, you can convert multiple Excel files to PDF, with all the worksheet in the files.

For that, launch the application and go to Edit menu > Preferences > Convert to PDF.

Select Microsoft Office Excel from the list at right and click the Edit setting tab.

Check the box for "Convert entire Excel Workbook" and click OK.

To save settings click OK in preference window.

Now try to create multiple PDFs with multiple Excel files.

Check if it convert's fine this time.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshin,

thanks for your reply. I checked the settings and the box for "Convert entire Excel Workbook" has been activated. If I choose a single Excel file and convert I either from within Excel (via save as pdf) or by a right - click on the mouse and then "convert to pdf", everything works fine. However, if I convert multipel Excel-files at the same time from within acrobat pro dc (as shown in the screenshots above), only the first spread sheets gets converted:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bastiank1758539,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have tried to replicate the issue at our end and the files converted to PDF without any issue.

All the spreadsheets on each Excel file got converted to PDF.

Could you please let us know the exact dot version of the Adobe Acrobat DC and OS you are working on.To check the dot version

To check the dot version, launch the application and go to Help menu > About Adobe Acrobat DC.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I'm working with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Acrobat Pro DC Version 2015.006.30306

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Regards

Bastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bastiank1758539,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have tried to replicate the issue at my end in the same environment.

I was able to convert all the spreadsheets of the excel file once I check the box for 'Convert entire Excel workbook' in Preferences.

I would suggest you to once try to reset the preferences of the application.

Try the steps provided here: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Once done, make sure that you check the box for 'Convert entire Excel workbook' In Preferences.

For that, launch the application and go to Edit menu > Preferences > Convert to PDF > Microsoft Office Excel > Edit settings.

Check the box for  'Convert entire Excel workbook' and click OK.

Now click OK at bottom of the preference window to save the settings and relaunch the application.

Then try to convert multiple Excel files to PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines