• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy, export, or print highlighted text parts

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Version 2021.011.20039 I 64-Bit, and I'm looking for a way to copy, export, or print ONLY the highlighted parts in the text of a pdf document. I do not want to print the whole document with the markups on it, neither does a comment summary help (because there's only written that I highlighted text on page X but not the text itself). Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Christina

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done using a custom-made script. The easiest way is to copy the highlighted text into the comments and then generate a comments summary. For the latter you can use the built-in command, or use a script, but the former requires using a script. For the future, you can enable the option to copy the selected text into the highlights automatically (under Edit - Preferences - Commenting), and then you won't need to use a script to do it retroactively, but that won't affect comments you've already created.

I've created (paid-for) tools for both of these tasks:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-retroactively-copy-highlighted-text-into-comments

http://try67.blogspot.com/2008/11/acrobat-create-comments-summary-txt-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Congrats on creating these tools, but the fact that this isn't built in is inexcusable for a 'professional' level app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines