• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and Pasting don't take accented and special characters into account after update

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys!

A few days ago, I started experiencing problems while trying to copy and paste text from my pdf files. 

Accented characters and also special characters are not being taken into consideration. Simply they are being omitted.

For example: "Publicação" turns into  "Publica  o", ('ç' and 'ã' are excluded after pasting) .

I believe it is related to a new update my creative cloud did automatically.

The language used in the pdf file is Portuguese(Brazil). 

Adobe Acrobat info:

Architecture: x86_64

Processor: Intel

Build: 21.11.20039.0

AGM: 4.30.115

CoolType: 6.0.3

JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

Macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)info:

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

The new version 22.1.20085 is now available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

For more info about the new version please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-march-2022-updates-are-l...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC Pro

Win 10 Pro

After the recent update I cannot copy text anymore. There is an error message that says "can't copy to the clipboard, internal error". And no, the PDF file is not protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue and sorry about the trouble.

Could you please share the screenshot of the error message that appears?

Also, confirm it is an issue only with the accented and special characters, or the complete text in the PDF.

Check if the issue occurs with other files too or it is only with a particular PDF.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! I'm joining in since I've tried all day to correct that bug – I'm totally depending on this copy/paste from PDF into Indesign and I get this whenever I try to select the version that needs the patch, and it is not proposed. Am I missing smth?…

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is solved. On the same day as the Acrobat update, I have installed Acronis Cyber Protect Agent for the first time. This seems to be the problem. I removed the Acronis software and now copy paste works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue here, running on a Mac, version 2021.011.20039 😞

This also happened back in June 2021:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/43675632-june-20...

Adobe, please fix ASAP, I'm very dependent on copy/paste from PDF into InDesign!

Kind regards,

Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We have forwarded to engineering team to investigate it further.

Will update you whenever the patch with fix is available.

Sorry for the incovenience caused.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je suis impatiente, merci !

I am looking forward, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to downgrade the Acrobat version from the creative cloud on my MacOS Catalina?
I work with Acrobat on daily bases, and this thing is really annoying.

Help us, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guarav, are there any news about this bug, and when it will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try using “Copy with formatting” instead of “Copy” from the right click menu on text selection.

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Deepika Bisht

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I really don't like that option, I use the keyboard shortcut all time, mais when I don what you suggest I have quotation mark appear. I have to erase all copy/paste quotation marks!! That not a good solution, please do a patch for us. Like you did last summer, Acrobat Pro get that same issue July 2021.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps sometimes, but not all the time.

For example, when I try to add a bookmark to the document, it doesn't copy correctly. The same mistake hapens, as you can seen in the picture attached. 

In addtion, sometimes, when I copy with formatting one word, the text pasted has 3 more words that where around the one I actually copied. 

In the end, at every copy, I have to fix something. And as I work a lot with those things, I not being as productive as I was supposed to be.

Hope Adobe fix it  as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still not fixed? I have the latest version and it's a bloody pain. As with others, I need to copy from pdfs to InDesign regularly.

For others looking for a fix, export the pdf to a Word doc. That's the only solution that keeps my sanity while we all wait....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but sometimes I only need to copy a line or two, which would make that workaround quite time consuming....!

Does anyone actually know if Adobe is reading what we are writing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do it via Preview Tool, but exporting via Word sucks, when it is about a complex layout.

We transfer many texts from languages using special characters (german, french, luxembourgish), and it is really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another decent workaround that a coworker just tested and seems to be working fine. Click on "Edit PDF" and then copy the text to paste in to InDesign or Illustrator. It's less cumbersome than exporting to Word or pasting into a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, great tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

The new version 22.1.20085 is now available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

For more info about the new version please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-march-2022-updates-are-l...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm it is working on Mac OS. A bit baffled it took so long to fix this issue, also that the fix is not mentioned on the page about the new update (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-march-2022-updates-are-l...)

/Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why does the CC app say my acrobat is up to date when there is an update? The CC app does not notify me about actobat updates, nor does it have an update option. I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Doesn't show update available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to go on "help" and "check for new updates".

Quite strange, but it worked.

In the Cloud it marks "no updates".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my Case I noticed  The update  when copy and pasting Started working properly, then I checked for updates and it had already been updated.

so far so good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines