• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying and pasting UTF-8 text removing accented characters

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the past 4 days, some Acrobat/Adobe Creative update - Mac version - came up and I cannot copy and paste a text inside a PDF correctly anymore.

If I try to copy something with UTF8 or Latin encoding, the accented characters do not show up into clipboard.

Example:

Original text:

Como já sabem, o sistema é oferecido gratuitamente às Associações filiadas , mas é preciso aceitar os termos e condições, já que o sistema é desenvolvido para ser adequado às necessidades gerais, não de seus filiados – pelo motivo de que necessita seguir regras e manter um padrão elevado em controle de resultados, ranking, recordes e competições.

Pasted text: 

Como j  sabem, o sistema   oferecido gratuitamente  s Associa  es filiadas  , mas   preciso aceitar os termos e condi  es, j  que o sistema   desenvolvido para ser adequado  s necessidades gerais, n o de seus filiados – pelo motivo de que necessita seguir regras e manter um padr o elevado em controle de resultados, ranking, recordes e competi  es.

It is not a Mac problem, since the original text was copied/pasted from Microsoft Word.

Reinstalled Adobe Acrobat and did not work. It is not a "font" problem since it happens with every single PDF file, from different sources. Installed Acrobat Reader, same thing.

Screenshots show that the º and ª characters are not correctly copied from Acrobat.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hello,

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality.

To know more about the latest update,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

The new version 22.1.20085 is now available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

For more info about the new version please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-march-2022-updates-are-l...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded FoxIt PDF Reader: copy/paste worked perfectly, just like the before-update Acrobat...

The great difference? I'm not paying $30/month to get a software that suddenly did not work as expected after an update...

BTW, version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.005.20048

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 21.5.20048.436468

AGM: 4.30.107

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.3.48698

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nanda Romero! That happened to me yesterday too. I've just downloaded FoxIt and it runs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Issue is reproducible at our end.

Has forwarded it to our engineering team.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Acrobat DC users -> For  now as a workaround, please use "Copy With Formatting" option available on right click context menu (right beneath "Copy" option). 

-Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2...

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality.

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2...

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Gaurav Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, guys!

Yesterday I started to experience the very same thing reported by Nanda Romero. 

What should I do to get everything working again?

Accented characters are not being taken into consideration while copying and pasting.

The language used in the pdf file is Portuguese(Brazil). 

Adobe info:

Processor: Intel

Build: 21.11.20039.0

AGM: 4.30.115

CoolType: 6.0.3

JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

Macbook pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)info:

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Started happening to me earlierr today. Never had this problem before but after updating Acrobat today (because it suddenly would not launch said it was updating, so uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat) this issue started.

If I select ext and click "edit text" form within Acrobat, and copy the text, the accented characters do copy to the clipboard.

But that is the only way to get it to copy accented characters now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! Same here ! Very frustrating – tryed every corrective update, still not working. 

Will try again :(…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a discussion from an old update, I started a new one so we can focus on the solution for the recent update. 

Join us!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/copying-and-pasting-don-t-take-accented-and-speci...

I hope there they can give us the information we need. 

Best luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try using “Copy with formatting” instead of “Copy” from the right click menu on text selection.

Let us know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Deepika Bisht

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The right-click copy with formating does seme to pick up the accented characters when pasting it, whoever it also adds qutation marks before and after what is pasted.

On a Mac OS version 11.6.2 (Big Sur)

Acrobat Pro DC

Continuos release version 2021.011.20039

Processor: Intel

Build: 21.11.20039.0

AGM: 4.30.115

CoolType: 6.0.3

JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appologes for my typos in the previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

The new version 22.1.20085 is now available for Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

For more info about the new version please check the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-march-2022-updates-are-l...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for following up and letting us know of the update, whcih does seem to fix the issue of accented characters not copying when copy/pasting form a PDF document.

FYI, the Creative Cloud 2022 did not show there being an update, and I had to uninstall and reinstall it in manually in order to get the updated version onto my computer.

You may want to look into the issue(s) about why Creative Cloud did not give notification of the update, nor it failing to update automatically (as it is supposed to) with the "update automatically" enabled (which I have it set to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines