Cos document table full error

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Support,

I am facing an issue with random documents:
Cos document table full.JPG

PDF document contains multiple annotations which includes signature annotations also. This PDF document was signed multiple times by the signers on different signature fields. Document is signed by our signing application. When we opened the final signed PDF document which contains multiple signed signature fields, Adobe Reader DC marks some signatures invalid as well as when the document is opened in Adobe Acrobat it prompts the above error.

Regards,
Muddassir Awan

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muddassir,

Thanks for the screenshot. 

As shared, the document has been signed by the multiple signers on different filed. Were those fields assigned to each individual signer? 

It could be a possibility one of or more than one signature wasn't validated. Or the signature filed wasn't assigned. 

Below is the help article for how you can validate digital signature of a PDF document. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/validating-digital-signatures.html#validate_a_digital_signatur... 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

These fields are signed individually and the signatures are valid as I have validated the signatures using Foxit and iText. but facing the issue with Adobe.

Regards,
Muddassir Awan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any one has solution/ suggestion regarding this issue?

Regards,
Muddassir Awan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

Any update/solution regarding said issue?

Kind Regards,
Muddassir Awan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many signers? More than 10 signatures is not viable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Test Screen Name

There are only 7 signatures in the document.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Test Screen Name 

Have you any update on this scenario please?

Regards,
Muddassir Awan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no extra knowledge. 7 seems a lot of signatures, though it should work - unless you open two or more signed documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you started out "Dear Support". This is not support. And there is no support for free apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Muddassir Awan 

Did you get any solutions for this issue. I am facing the same issue and I have tried  researching online but I am not finding anythng.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, probably too many signatures. How many signatures (total signatures NOT signers)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two signature blocks and 100 stamps(used for initials. the document contains 100 pages and each page has to be initialed hence the 100 stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be something about the stamps. If you made a sample document with just 50 pages, does this show the same problem as the 100 page file (Cos table full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems as if the error starts popping up when I go over 55 stamps, 55 page/stamps is working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting same error (bit more elaborate) if I try to combine more than 250 images (JPEG or TIFF) in Acrobad document. This is happening with Acrobat Pro 2020 not a reader... (see attached snapshot).

The claim is that the disc is full (not a case) or memory low (Not a case, 64GB - 58 available).

I dont recall seing this error in earlier versions of Acrobat. Huge limitation. 

However, I was able to save compiled document with 250 pages, repeat the process, and then combine these 250-pagers in a full document. However, pain... 

Dubravko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This kind of error crops up when I am building PDFs from page images.  Sometimes it has to do with the number of pages but other times it is the size of the files.  It seems to me that there is poor resource management that leads to this kind of error.  With today's computers (6+ cores, 16G+ RAM, copious storage, etc.) these should not occur.  OR, the application should watch for it and manage the resources to prevent what is all but a crash for the process.  I usually find that restarting the application clears this enigmatic Cos table and it will work for a while until it fills up again.

To Adobe, we spen a very large sum individually and collectively on Adobe CC subscriptions.  We deserver programs that work reliably and use the available hardware resources.  There's no excuse in 2023 not to have Acrobat Pro be a multithreaded application that scales according to the available resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines