Could not deactivate due to computer crash

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a computer crash I could not deactivate my software. In installation the serial number was put in fro the adobe suite and then conitunuyed with the online confirmation. However, in trying to use Acrobat it crashed so I went to my web page  where in trying to contact Adobe it says, "Please contact your administrator for help." I am assuming this happens because the suite (CS6) was purchased while at university. Anyhow there is no way to contact the Admin. What do I do?

Part of the problem may stem from this. Though I am using the exact same computer with the exact same hardware the reinstallation of Win10 had to be done to Win10 Home instead of Pro (The installation media had to be attained from my laptop so there was no other choice.) I do intend to get back my Pro version once I move to my new city.house.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if this helps but my Win OS old folder still exists. When I go there I can actually see files that were on my desktop etc. If there is anything that could be attained from there which helps I have access to it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't help you. If you don't have any additional activations you will need to contact Adobe directly and ask for an "activation count reset". If they tell you the version is not supported or try to send you back here insist they do it anyway. If they refuse ask to talk to a supervisor. It's better you don't mention your version of Acrobat at all, actually. Just ask for the above.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines