Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crazy pdf pagination issues.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 3000+ page document.

It is a variable data document consisting of 4- 8.5x11 pages being printed as a 4 page 11x17 and folded to letter size.

When I print to Booklet I get 1-4 and 2-3. Face up and all good. But the next set of pages come out 2-3 and 1-4. Face down and no good.  In other words the next signature is printing with the inside up. I cannot go through all of these pages to flip each second sheet over to be face up.

Unimposed.JPGAfter Pagination.JPG

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I cannot go through all of these pages to flip each second sheet over to be face up.

Why not? It is possible in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's possible in acrobat. But I do not want to move 1000 or more pages in the thumbnails. I would like to know if anyone has knowledge of as to why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to point out the page order would be 4-1 + 2-3. An imposition program would handle this issue very easily. Also, it looks like the first page has bleed, here is a related topic discussing bleed and print booklet:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/booklet-and-bleed/m-p/9737476?page=1#M93854

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I misspoke or mid typed. I am not concerned with the bleed as of yet. Every pagination program I have used has put these files together incorrectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines