• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a version of a signed document for mark-up

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've begun using Acrobat DC to get drawings signed.  When I make the next revision, I would like to mark up the prior revision to show what needs to change.  Of course since it's been electronically signed Acrobat disables all commenting tools.  I think this is a mistake.  I think it should be possible to re-line the document at which point the signatures are marked as invalid.  As it stands I have to print the document out and physically redline which just feels too 20th century.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a mistake. A Digital Signature is meant to ensure the file is not edited. If you want to edit the file, for example by adding comments to it, you must do so before signing it. Signing should be the very last step in your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I circulated paper drawings, the reviewers had a choice to either sign or mark any errors.  Now they can only write a brief note in a text box.  I'm not saying that the signatures should remain intact when someone makes a mark-up.  I'm asking that they can mark in some detail what they object to if they refuse.  Clearly the marked-up version should be stripped of signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to think of signing as like signing paper with ink, laminating it, and sticking it to the wall. You cannot touch or edit it. What would you do in the case of paper like this? You would make a copy before signing, to work on, and then make the special signed copy. This is vital because the signature would be destroyed by editing, so what would be the point of signing? Bear in mind the signature is NOT a mark on the page, that is a useless (easily faked) stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The modified version would lack the signatures.  With the laminated paper I could Xerox and mark up.  Here I would want the signatures to disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some situations you can peel off the signature as if it didn't exist. Generally if you were the signer and still have the certificate, though I haven't tried it lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the functionality does not exist.  How do I go about requesting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miket,

Use this form to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features. Feature Request/Bug Report Form 

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here searching for this - and then a colleague told me of a workaround - open the PDF in Chrome browser - print PDF (save it as a new file).

Now you should be able to edit.

(How I miss having BlueBeam on my work computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That effectively invalidates and removes any signatures from the file. If you do that you might as well not sign it at all, or use a stamp or the pencil tool, instead of a real signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Try67,

I was thinking the redlined version would lose all signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The purpose in my application is that I'm taking a signed drawing from a controlled document database - and then because there are changes being proposed, you make mark-ups on the drawing, which then goes back around for signatures and approval to be used as the next revision - once it has all the requisite signature (fully endorsed) it can then be uploaded as a new revision of the document. So yes, we are invalidating the signatures on the marked-up drawing - until it is finalised and approved, it is not an official/controlled document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines