Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create dynamic stamp - set author in stamp JS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
after I add dynamic stamp (below code) I would like to be able set "author" in "comments" via JS (in below code like I put event.value I would like to do the same with author but it's not working or I cannot find method/properties")

• how to set author using js? (I would like to add new line after event.value)
  • how to find methods / other properties in JS debuger for STAMP? - where they are?

Dawid5CE9_1-1625749667341.png

Dawid5CE9_0-1625749584511.png

thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that. At the moment the script executes the comment doesn't exist yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that comments author take "log-in" so if I would be able put in JS code to change "log-in" to some name then adobe could name my stamps in comments how I want but how to do it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do that, either. It's a read-only property.

However, the author name doesn't have to be the log-in name. This is a setting you can turn on or off via Preferences - Commenting. If you turn it off then you can apply a different author name as the default, but none of that can be scripted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines