• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Links inquiry

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF that contains other PDF's attached to it.  I am creating links to those attached PDF's but to specific pages.  I can create the links just fine but I wanted the links to open to a new tab when the link is clicked.  I've been manually right clicking each link and editing the option to open in new window.  Is there a way to select the option to open in new window during the creation of the link or possibly a way to run a script or something else to edit all hyperlinks in the document to open in a new window?  

I know there's software you can purchase that can do this en masse but I was wondeirng if there was a way to do this within Acrobat itself.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the preferences. - 

BarlaeDC_0-1657641130343.png

In the documents section you could uncheck "Open cross-document links in the same window", then be default it should open in a new window. (or at least that is my understanding of that checkbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only if the link is set to "Window set by user preferences", and even then only on your computer. It will not work like that on another computer if this setting is ticked there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines