• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create/Print to PDF without saving - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32 bit)

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC through my company. Over the years, I've used various PDF programs including PDFDocs and Litera ChangePro. I VERY frequently have to convert Word documents to PDF for various reasons, and often have to use certain pages only and combine them into one PDF.  Without getting into different scenarios, I simply want to open a document and turn in into a PDF for my use but Adobe is forcing me to save what I'm converting (or printing to PDF).  I have no need to save the literally hundreds of documents in a given week/month I have to do this for and I've scoured the internet for a solution.  Is there something that I'm missing? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

You cannot create PDF files without saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Annie25900773de4v 

We are sorry to hear that. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html and see if that works.

Also please share the workflow/steps you are doing to create the PDF file? A small video recording of the same will be very helpful.

What is the version of the application and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have version 22.2.20191 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Version 2022.002.20191, my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise, version 20H2.  This is controlled by my company so I have no ability to make changes or updates.  

As stated, I've used PDF programs for many years. To create a PDF from a Word document, I click the File tab, then Print, then I select Adobe PDF (I do the same steps for other programs such as Outlook and Excel).  Once I do that, a window pops up prompting me to save.  I do not want to save every single PDF that I need to create, as I'm literally doing this hundreds of times in a given week or month as I would need to delete everything I don't need. I simply want to have a PDF of something.  In other PDF programs, doing these steps creates a PDF and then I can do with it whatever I need, whether it's combining with other PDFs or sending as an email attachments, all WITHOUT having to save the item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot create PDF files without saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe, I don't seem to be able to.  Most other PDF programs don't have this weird requirement. I have better things to do with my time than constantly deleting PDFs that Adobe is forcing me to unnecessarily save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? My company has made us stop using Litera's pdfDocs, which handles this wonderfully and forced us to use Acrobat DC Pro. Not only does it require unecessarily saving every PDF we create, but we have a file management application that takes the saving process hostage, creating even more extra steps. Switching to Acrobat has crippled my team's productivity, but I'm stuck with it. Any work around would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never did via adobe. Luckily, my firm kept PDFDocs, so I just continue to use that and hope they don't take it away. I honestly don't understand why Adobe continues to function this way as it seems like it would be an easy fix or at least an option to not have to save everything. What I find incredibly ironic in my case is that at the same time my company switched to licensed Adobe, they also switched to a cloud based system that limits the local drive space for each user. I work in the legal field and easily can have PDFs that are 5-10 mbs or larger that I have no need to save, but adobe forces me to. It's so infuriating that to do one simple task, I have to perform several different unnecessary actions only to then have to delete everything in the end. Sorry I couldn't offer a better solution for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bummer! I work for a law firm as well. I tried to convince them to let my team keep pdfDocs when they switched the firm over, but I didn't have any luck. Thanks so much for the quick response, even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines