• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created PDFs Changes Formatting When Viewed By Others

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I generated some PDF documents (via Acrobat Pro DC 2022) for a medical client so patients can download and print these from the clients website. Issue: When patients download them, the formatting gets thrown off. I went through the same download process as a patient would and no issues. Just wondering which PDF setting is best to "standardize" and/or preserve formatting across different computers, operating systems, browsers, settings, etc.? 

For reference, I'm on a Mac running Catalina and I saved the PDFs as "High Quality Print." I've posted multitudes of PDFs to websites and never had this happen, so I'm a bit puzzled. 

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the formatting chaning? Can you post a picture of what is changing?

The purpose of a PDF is that the formatting should be the same across various devides and print versus viewed on the screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the way I've always understood how PDFs work. The client is supposed to send me examples, but right now it's little stuff, like a single line of copy getting pushed down to the next page, which isn't on the version I posted — even when I follow the download process as a patient would. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the issue is not with your PDFs...

Keep us posted when you get samples from the client so we can see for ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do. Thanks for your help and support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines