• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a form with a internal database

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super New Learner back again with another super specific ask.

I am starting from the drawing board with a really detailed form for my company. I have now purchased Pro for myself and trying to get this to work. 
I am looking for a way to implement a Database into the Documents Javascripts where all the dependant drop downs (in the hundreds) could make selections that change dependant dropdowns and so on.  I have tired coding it into each box but it slows down the documents ability to show the selection as well as change the other dependant boxes.
Here's an example of what I am doing. One box selects the Subject from a list. That Subject then pulls multiple choice answers for Dropdown1 which dictates the selections that can be chosen for Dropdown2. (Complicated I know) 
I was originally trying this with the SetFieldValues Approach but having a hard time getting an handle on what I need.

Example of what I am looking for:

List of Subjects Dropdown: Diagnosis1, Diagnosis2

• Selection of Subject dictates Dropdown List of Methods specific to that SubjectExercise, Surgery,  Discharge
    • Selection of Method dictates Dropdown List of Options specific to that Method: Schedule, Defer, review, Follow up

While I was using SetFieldValues, Switch Event and ever other simple way of trying to get this done I'll admit I am just a little over my head...again. I fear that I am not using the correct verbiage to get my point across in my own research efforts. Can anyone advise or point me in the write direction?  Any help would be greatly appericated. 

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate Experiment , Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to embed a database into a PDF is to add a CSV file as an attachment.

About the dependent dropdowns you can search this forum, it's a question that gets asked several times a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you have a link on a tutorial how to use a CSV file as a database? What I am specifically  looking for  I can't seem to find when I am researching

As for the Dependent dropdowns, I have successfully done that with the help from all the asks on the forms. What I am having an issue with is them getting so bogged down with information the document can't keep up. So I was wondering how one made the drop downs dependant on the Documents Javascripting not just the information from the other boxes since it is way too much for them to process. I am really new to this and getting lost in trying to fine the thread of information I am looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have links in French to offer you, let's wait for other participants to give you links in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines