• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a PDF with multiple files results in corrupted text characters.

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2018.011.20058, but have had the same problem with Adobe Acrobat X version 10.1.1.6.  If I create a PDF and add multiple PDFs, some of those files are corrupted after combining them with the others.  The text on those files is turned into boxes and other shapes and totally illegible.  I have been able to narrow it down to a few files that consistently corrupt when trying to combine them, so there is something unique about them that Acrobat does not like.  I would like to submit these files to you so that you can recreate the problem and advise on how to resolve it.  Thank you. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem with a new copy of Acrobat Pro DC just purchased and downloaded last month. Were you able to resolve this issue? Thanks! mike@namestormers.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are expriencing issue with creating a PDF from multiple PDFs, could you please check if all the individual files open fine before you combine them?

Would it be possible to share the sample files that you are combining to single PDF? We would like to check them to find out the root cause.

As per the explanation, it seems to be the font specific issue. However, we cannot comment without checking the files.

It would be helpful if you can share the Acrobat and OS version number.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Meenakshi,

File is attached - Please treat this as CONFIDENTIAL!

Please email me at mike@namestormers.com and I'll provide you the PW to open this file.

Open first in Acrobat and note pages 757 & 758 look fine as well as pages starting on 426.

Then save WITHOUT checking the "Reduce File Size" checkbox.

Pages 757 & 758 are now unreadable as well as many other pages as well starting on starting on slide 426.

VERY IMPORTANT: If I do check the "Reduce File Size" checkbox before saving the problem appears to go away and all the slides seem OK.

This seems like a bug, can you confirm?

Thanks!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines