• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a 'Save As' Button in Adobe PDF Forms for Document Pages Excluding First Page

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a fillable PDF form where the first page serves as a supporting page, and the actual document begins from page 2 onwards. I'm inputting details on the first page, and these details automatically transfer to subsequent pages. What I'm looking to do is add a 'Save As' button to the first page. When clicked, this button should save the document starting from page #2 to the end, excluding the first page. I'm currently using Adobe Pro, but my clients use Adobe Reader, so the button should be compatible with Adobe Reader. Can you assist me in achieving this? Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be possible with a hidden template page for the first page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Is that possible to explain the process ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spawn the template page. At save delete the spawned page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to define the first page as a Template page, hide it, spawn a copy from it, and then delete that spawned copy when saving. It seems to me to be too much trouble just to achieve hiding that first page, but it's possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you very much for your reply. I just want to add details into one place that should update my main PDF form. Do you have any other alternative ideas to accomplish this task? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines