• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating fillable minute field

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have the hour field done real easy. You just have to have it in number format, and validate between 1-12. Easy peasy. The minute field.... is being a little more difficult. The document already has the ":" in between the 2 text fields. 

I tried entering a custom time field using "MM", but it comes up with errors every time. My problem is that anything that is "00" won't display properly in number format (you type "00" and it shows up as "0". I have it set up as Time>MM. It comes up saying "The value entered dooes not match the format of field X". 

I could create a dropdown list for both, but I really do NOT want to enter 60 numbers manually. 

Aldebrand_0-1719280169334.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Under 'Options' tab, select 'Limit of' and set to 2 characters.

2. Under 'Format' tab, select 'Custom' and as 'Custom keystroke script' use this:

event.rc = /^\d*$/.test(event.change);

(this will allow only numbers to be entered into the field)

3. Under 'Validate' tab, use this script:

if (event.value !== "") {
var num = event.value;
if (num < 0 || num > 59) {
app.alert("Please enter a value between 0 and 59.");
event.rc = false;}
else
event.value = util.printf("%02d", num);}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Number format and set the built-in Validation to only accept values between 0 and 59. Done.

And populating a drop-down is easy with a script, although I think it will be annoying for the user to have to select the exact time. You can do it in intervals of 5/10/15 minutes, instead.

This code will populate the drop-down will all the options, just change i++ in the for-loop to i+=10 to do it in 10 minute intervals, for example:

var items = [""];
for (var i=0; i<60; i++)
	items.push((i<10) ? "0"+i : i);
this.getField("Minutes").setItems(items);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines