Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Creating pdfs that do not allow me to select text

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop crashed and I replaced it and reinstalled all my software. I have Adobe Acrobat standard 9. I only use it to create pdf files for bandcamp codes that I can then select and paste in an email. Since I reinstalled on my new laptop, I can select text and copy with all my previously created pdfs. However any new pdfs I create I cannot select the text. It must be a setting for pdf creation but I do not see anything obvious. An example pdf is attached (the codes have expired).

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you changed the operating system ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version of Acrobat is extremely old and not compatible with any current OS version.

I assume you use Windows, because otherwise you won't be able to use it at all. Make sure to install all available updates and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (like Windows Vista) for better chances of it working properly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no setting to make files like this. This happens if something is wrong in the creation process.

Sometimes it is the choice of fonts. Try a different font.

Sometimes it is the app you use. What app? Did you change it in any way?

Your Acrobat is indeed ancient, but I haven't heard of it breaking in this particular way.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines