creating pdfx files gives error after latest update

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there- i'm probably a dinosaur and doing things wrong, but any help appreciated. For the last umpteen years i receive print files (as mostly powerpoint and pdfs) and create pdfx files which flatten layers to then print on my large format printers. After the latest update i get errors continuously. My method is to print - select adobe pdf and then on properties i am able to select default settings (usually PDF/A-1b 2005 RGB) and the size (a lot of pdfs need resizing) and then end up with a file to send through my rip for printing. Firstly - this doesn't work anymore - get error messages and secondly if i am indeed a dinosaur, what is the better way to do the above??! thankyou 🙂

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. You say you are making pdfx files, but then you describe making a PDF/A-1b file. PDF/X and PDF/A are two entirely different things. But please start by telling us about the errors. A screen shot is probably needed. Also, what exact version of Acrobat (not just "latest" please, something like 11.4.32 or 2016.123.98765)?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies - version 2022.001.20142. And yes it's PDF/A-1b files to flatten layers (and to get the pdf with the blue compliance bar across the top). Sometimes it works but most of the time an error - pdf file could not be created and then a pdf with the blue bar that is just empty... Been using this method for years - and suddenly just stoppped working. I'm playing with the settings to try and get an alternative to work...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines