• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creation of Template Pages

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, so question.  Adobe Reader, latest versions, I have a PDF document that was provided to me and my staff would like to save the doument to their local desktops after they have completed filling it in to refer to later and maybe chaning some items in the form. However as soon as the document is opened we are presented with the following errors.  
"Please fill out the following form.  You cannot save data typed into this form."
or a pop up box that states "Cannot Save Form Information. + more"

I have worked with security and created forms before but this one has me stumped.  The option that I find different is 

Creation of Template Pages Not Allowed

in the Properties > Security tab 

What does that even mean?  The documents that I create do not have that and are allowed. 

This is not an issue in Acrobat Pro.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Is this a form created with AEM Forms Designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a form created with AEM Forms Designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found out that yes it was.  They have since corrected the issue whatever that may have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look on the Document Properties Dialog.  The app that created the form will be listed there. If it is Designer, then this is an XFA form. 

Also look on the Security tab to see if there are any restrictions listed. If the form has security, or if it has be Reader Extended, then you will not be able to make major changes to the form, such as creating page templates. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines